October 26, 2001 was the first blog post I ever made. It was handcrafted plain HTML. Eventually I discovered there was such a thing as blogging software, and then it was off to the races.
It takes a special kind of thick-headedness these days to keep producing medium-sized articles, with an Atom feed, on your own domain. To celebrate this thick-headedness, here are ten posts of note, one for each year.
- (2011) YUI Raptors Will Eat Your Face
- (2010) XML: Not Great for Documents, Actually
- (2009) The Gilmore Wire
- (2008) Professional Norms in SF
- (2007) I Miss Liquid Nitrogen
- (2006) Towards a Unified Bad Movie Classification System: Part Zero — see also parts One, Two, Three, and Four
- (2005) How to Have a Wicked Awesome Supah Bowl
- (2004) X-Purgation
- Tie: (2003) The XHTML 100, (2003) HTML House of Horror: Things That Go BLINK in the Night
- (2002) Florida Funeral
- (2001) Snapshot
I can’t claim that any given post is the best of that year, just that it was the best I could find on short notice. Will try to do better next decade.